View Single Post

January 29th, 2014, 20:33
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I received my copy of DD: Dark Arisen a few days ago, but I didn't get around to playing it until today.
Have patience with this game. Since it's a console game, settle with dedicating some time to really understanding how the controller works in combat and also understanding the menu system.

I've been playing this game now non-stop for probably the last 10 days or so - I continue to be surprised by how good it is - but almost gave up on it at first because I really can't stand controllers for RPGs, I don't like console UIs in general, and probably the biggest reason was I was having a terrible time with combat on my first toon (was a fighter) because I spent most of the time running to mobs to hit them only to have the mobs run away or be hit by a 'blast' from a pawn in my party.

Started again with the Dark Arisen version of the game, playing a mage and haven't looked back. The game world is surprisingly big. I must be at least 20 to 25 hours in and still finding new things - items, aspects of gameplay, decent enough quests and so on.

For me, the game is more fun than Skyrim. There is just much more meaning and purpose to everything in the game world. In some way, the game has the same fun factor as G1 and G2 NotR.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch