View Single Post

January 29th, 2014, 20:47
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Well, they did mess up big time with pretty much all of their MMOs, so I've been wondering how they could stay afloat. It's not exactly small budget games we're talking about.
well, mess up how? making a sucky MMO is not reasons for law enforcement to raid your offices (if that was so, we'd need to triple the size of law enforcement agencies). In this case, even if their MMOs were the best perfectly made MMOs, they could still be raided and charged if they lied in their statements to investors and the public.
I wonder if this means The Secret World is going offline, after all, files could be stored in those servers so they could be included in raid?

This part is interesting…
Between the start of the year and January 7, Funcom shares surged 160 percent, then fell 21 percent. At the time, chief executive Ole H Schreiner had no explanation for the rollercoaster ride: ”There’s no information we’ve come across recently which would indicate this increase, but obviously, it isn’t my job to speculate on this here.”
That is very unusual for a stock to go 160% in one week without a specific reason. Most probably when the stock is 'unfrozen' it'll go drastically down.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is