View Single Post

February 3rd, 2014, 18:08
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
You're easy to confuse if you let your imagination run wild like that.

I'm talking about Shadowrun - not all RPGs

Oh, and I don't hate cash-grabs like that, I'm just not impressed - and I don't feel like supporting them.

You threw a tantrum and berated everyone for no good reason.

Also, I actually bought Shadowrun full price upon release - because I expected more than such an underwhelming cash-grab.
To be fair, wasn't "full price" like $20? (Unless you bought the deluxe edition with the soundtrack stuff). I think the problem with Shadowrun Returns is some people were apparently expecting a "full length" RPG (that is, something the same scope as an AAA title). Yeah "Dead Man's Switch" is (too) short, but a big part of the draw for SRR was them releasing the editor. There's already been some decent UGC (although most of it is a WIP) and it's all 100% free. Have you tried any of that? Now I suppose if you don't like the combat system or basic mechanics you wouldn't be interested… But anyone who watched the alpha gameplay video basically knew what to expect in that aspect.

I backed SRR on KS at the $15 level so I'm very happy with what I got for money. (And I'm still getting Dragonfall for free). Of course if I had paid $60 I would probably be rather disappointed but they launched the game at 20 bucks.

I just don't see how you can call SRR a cash grab, but call something like Skyrim good. Yes, Skyrim has great graphics, good soundtrack and a huge world but it's so BORING: A bunch of glorified fetch quests, lousy AI and terrible, clunky controls. That's more my idea of a cash grab. But to each his / her own, I guess.
Last edited by daveyd; February 3rd, 2014 at 18:22.

daveyd

Sentinel