View Single Post

February 8th, 2014, 05:29
Watched Pandorum for what must be the 4th time since 2010. No Spoilers. I was very attentive to the dialog and plot (such as there is) and I'm amazed at how many plot problems there are for such and interesting concept. The choppy editing and dialog, especially at the end feel really incompetent. If the movie was maybe 10 minutes longer and did a better job explaining what happened on the ship (Payton) and why it happened, what Bower was going though and critically what Bower "realized" but was never explained.

As I was watching I couldn't help but think its problems reminded me of Event Horizon which has extremely similar issues. As if the director and editor decided "yeah this movie is a mess so chop out enough dialog to make it seem mysterious but leave the blood and action".

Paul W. S. Anderson had a hand in both these films. He directed Event Horizon and I burst out laughing when I saw him listed in the Pandorum credits as producer. I really like both these films even though they are practically crippled with flaws. Space horror FTW I guess!

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch