View Single Post

March 6th, 2014, 21:54
Originally Posted by tuukka View Post
You played rogue *first*, with maximum challenges, and you finished the game, and didn't even consider it too difficult? I'm impressed.
No I completed book I 2 times before that and book II once before that, but this is book 3, so reviewer should completed 2 previous so this would be his 3rd attempt with basically same gameplay.

Sure, it's much easier to play through the game as a rogue, if you have first finished it with an easier class.
Again Ecshalon is easier than it's role models or even modern games like underrail or ToME(I know this is roguelike but it's designed more like regular cRPG set to hardcore).If he played games like those he should be able to fair well with anything Eschalon throws at him.

But reviewers can't really play the game through multiple times, with different classes.
But he can start new game when he sees his build isn't working.And book III is short so you can completed several times it takes you to complete regular RPG.And from what I can see he didn't finish game so he made review on several hours of experience.

But reviewers can't really play the game through multiple times, with different classes. A game *should* be balanced. If it has shitty balancing, then it's a flaw in the game. Shitty balancing is not a flaw in the reviewer.
Balancing is off but it's not "shity" and classes are flexible so it's easy to make hybrid rogue so which ever class you make you can make viable build with it.Many games that are considered all time classics had some balancing issues and useless classes it doesn't necessary make it a bad game.

Nameless one

Wizzard