Thread: A Thought
View Single Post

March 19th, 2014, 13:13
If SWTOR ever does down … out of business … I'll remember it with these words :

"SWTOR was riddled with a huge faction imbalance - through not only the players, but also by the developers as well."

SWTOR has - in general, it seems - an huge "imperial factzion" inbalance. The Leaderboards are full of imperial names, in the forums people almost exclusively use imperial skill names, even although everything's mirror classes, people write about imperial this and that - but never republic.

This is going on my nerves.

One of the best and most serious discussions in recent times (of which there are only few, and the most intelligent ones rather in the classes, lore, or spoiler sub-forums) in the SWTOR forums also discusses this matter : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=728590

I think it is a good read, because it deals with the question "why do people play evil characters ?" And as a result, why the imperial faction inbalance exists in the first place.

It is also a good read about human psychology.

I participated in that discussion, by the way.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR