View Single Post

April 4th, 2014, 21:01
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
Honestly speaking, D3 really wasn't bad at all despite some shortcomings. The D2 fans just didn't like change.

I couldn't even play D2 beyond Act 1. It got boring very quick. I didn't find it to be the pinnacle of action RPGs (read hack 'n slash) as many claim - just tedious routine with abysmally grainy visuals. Although the music was awesome!

As for other action RPGs: Titan Quest is really good. And Divine Divinity is in a class of its own. I've played the Grim Dawn beta and I've really enjoyed it.

I plan to get Reaper of Souls and D3 for the PS4. Should be fun playing that in coop with my nephews and niece.
Divine Divinity does not belong to this list. It is much more a classic CRPG (Ultima - like, nothing else) than a Diablo clone. The perspective and the action combat make it look similar on first glance, but about 5 hours in the game noone ever can claim these are in the same stadium. They are not even the same sport.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker