Thread: Today is …
View Single Post

May 5th, 2014, 23:30
Heh.

It's not as cold in Norway as (we like) you (to) believe. But of course, it is significantly lower then in SW USA. You won't find me wearing a short sleeved shirt when it's below freezing/snowing, but it doesn't take many degrees above before I might do it.

We all adapt to where we live. However, the wife is more frosty (correct word?) then I am. And she seems to have a more narrow temperature tolerance. I used to get annoyed with her whenever we were outside, because she constantly put on her jacket, then took it of again, then on then …. I tried to convince her that we have a temperature regulating system in our brains in order to use it.

pibbur who observes that

1835 – In Belgium, the first railway in continental Europe opens between Brussels and Mechelen. Pibbur has been to both places.
1865 – In North Bend, Ohio (a suburb of Cincinnati), the first train robbery in the United States takes place. Pibbur pleades not guilty.
1973 – The secretariat wins the 1973 Kentucky Derby in 1:59 2/5, a still standing record. Not ckricket. Not snooker. Nothing that pibbur has ever done.

d++a59e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13