View Single Post

May 10th, 2014, 01:05
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
People have been buying the Hint Book since the late 80s. You have this one backwards, I think. Check this out:

No guide. NG++ clocked. All achievements. boom.

(screenshots include Ancient Dragon solo kill)
Yeah I bought hint books back then too, that one didn't include the cryptographic solution for the end of MM2. If you happened for some reason to be incapable of figuring out that substitution cipher in 60 seconds, you spent over 100 hours to almost beat the game. Other games had guides which still didn't help with strange timed puzzles, spinners, teleporters, and dark areas, and other such things that have duly died out.

I played Bad Dudes back in the day. It taunted me, "Ninjas have kidnapped the president. Are you a bad enough dude to save the president?" I will never be the superlative bad dude because of this, that game was just too bad for me. Some dudes were bad enough for it and then some, and they would probably post their badness if they could.

My girlfriend missed the friggin Emerald Herald, who is half hidden from certain angles as she initially faces the cliff. She asked me 4 hours in to the game how to level up. That wasn't the game being ninja tough, it was just being bad.
Last edited by Burress; May 10th, 2014 at 01:30.

Burress

Sentinel