View Single Post

Default What are you reading ?

May 30th, 2014, 01:27
Originally Posted by EvilManagedCare View Post
I started Gardens of the Moon and decided to stop. Just can't seem to get into it after making it to part 2 of the first novel. There was always this feeling I was missing something about the setting and characters. The author filling in details retrospectively became annoying to me as did trying to follow the timeline. YMMV.

I really would like to find a fantasy series besides Game of Thrones (I have nothing against it, but the TV series removes all surprises— at least for book 1).
I had a similar struggle with Gardens. It does get better if you can manage to slog thru. I'm up to Book 5 now. I've been spacing them out a good bit because they do require more attention than most fantasy.

Currently working on Wheel of Time book 12. I didn't re-read any of the series so I'm occasionally having to find my bearings but I'm pleasantly surprised at how quickly I've gotten pulled in. Between the long gap (which I made longer by deciding to wait until book 14 was out in paperback) and Sanderson stepping in, I just didn't know what to expect.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer