View Single Post

July 8th, 2014, 22:38
Originally Posted by Farflame View Post
It may be against honor, but Thorwalians are sailors and pirates and I think that sea gods approve their behaviour.
Do you think that Thorwalians in Aventuria act in accordance with some codex of honor which tells them which target they can attack and pillage and which one they cant?
I should have made this more clearer : Each one of the Twelvegods has some kind of demonic antagonist - an Arch-Demon. The Antagonist of Phex lures people into not caring anymore where the Gold comes from (and other riches) : Greed is this Arch-Demon's curse.

So, if anyone in Aventuria for example robs poor people, the more this person is drifting towards this Arch-Demon nemesis of Phex … and might at one point get succumbed by the demon's whispers … The end result is a pact with that demon, and losing one's soul to that antagonistic demon.

But did the Thorwalians have any idea about the curse? I assume it didnt stop their attacks.
Everyone in Thorwalia seems to have known about it - simply because this curse killed those who tried to travel on the Long River … Or so I've understood it …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR