View Single Post

December 2nd, 2006, 16:39
Originally Posted by Sorcha Ravenlock Now, having said that, the reason why I like my combat fast, is because to me, combat is not the most important part to an RPG. I want that over with rather quickly, so I can go on to the important things.

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Interesting point of view. I've never ever seen it this way - although now I must say it sounds purely logical to me.

Me, I'm an "Explorer" - style kind of player. *Most* fun I have with an RPG is simply exploring ! Only after that everything else comes (And dialogues have a great part in that, because they make a game immersive, imho).
I think you two are on the same line and I believe you are old adventuregamers like me who play RPG's for the adventure, the story, the dialogue, the experience… not the combat. Kinda like an interactive book, where you are thrilled like a child to see what's around the next corner.

Then there's the Gamer style of CRPG gamer who play the game for the challenge, seeing cutscenes/dialogue/events etc as "what happens between fights".

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM