View Single Post

December 6th, 2006, 18:08
Originally Posted by doctor_kaz View Post
There seems to be a recent trend of PC game coverage being somewhat half-assed and half-hearted all over the industry right now. Console launches diverting all the resources away, perhaps? Gamespot's PC coverage has pretty much tanked, although their reviews are still okay. I hardly ever hear PC coverage that's not World of Warcraft anymore. Neverwinter Nights 2 has been badly neglected by the gaming media, especially compared to the first one. I listen to the Games For Windows podcast and they spend almost as much time talking about consoles as PC!
I agree!
I usually download Gamespot's weekly "on the spot" show, but lately it's almost exclusively console and handheld, it's a waste of time. I end up fast-forwarding 3/4 of the show. In their defense tho, the mega-buzz right now is PS3 and Wii, any look at the comments after the show will affirm that me and like two others are the only ones complaining about the scant pc coverage, while literally a hundred others are eating up the console-mania with big smiles on their faces.

Am I the only one who will never be excited by a first person shooter again? Starting to fast-forward the FPS coverage as well!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom