View Single Post

December 6th, 2006, 22:35
I was not saying that offering alternatives is bad, merely saying that it sounded more to me like "alternatives" was not the goal at all, but the use of television as some sort of mental conditioning. If we all just watch "kinder & gentler" programming (by whose standards?) with better conflict resolution, we'll all turn a new leaf and live in peace and harmony. This is the solution for violence in society, our society in particular. This of course is predicated on the assumption that we're all "sexually repressed violence junkies" as you so put it, that I guess need a television-administered mental softening. Hey speak for yourself and your family and friends, because you certainly arent speaking for me and mine, let alone the nation.

Are you omniscient? Just wondering…

Perhaps not, because it seems that you have a very limited view of what people actually watch in the first place. Have you ever heard of the Discovery Channel? You know, there's a whole lot more television out there that people watch besides Cops 'n Robbers on CBS every night. People like myself, and for that matter my family, seldom watch anything but Discovery, History, Animal Planet, Turner Movie Classics, and so on and so forth. How many people are like us? Cable is a pretty successful thing….

If someone's house is stuck on The Violence Channel, that sounds to me like a personal problem, curious.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom