View Single Post

December 7th, 2006, 03:25
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Yes, they are. And rumor says they nearly went bancrupt this year. Thus the rushed game (Gothic 3).
IIRC they've been "nearly bankrupt" for the last several years.

Aspyr appears to have really done a budget release of G3 in the U.S., based upon their selling it at a recommended retail price of $39.99, and some other notes that I've read in various places. Might end up buying an imported U.K. copy if I can find it at a good($20-30) price, after all I picked up NWN2 for $24.99… (Kind of weird how MK keeps getting hawked @ $49.99, and if any recent game was a $20 budget release…)

IWD: IIRC the series was designed to be combat driven to begin with, as they meant to offset the, arguably, more story driven Baldur's Gate series.

That said, I HATED the Infinity engine(and based) games. It always felt more like work than fun playing those particular games, although, strangely I have managed to work around/with NWN1 and NWN2(Aurora engine, and even though they gave it a new name, HEAVILY Aurora engine based engine(NWN2)). Also, Obsidian re-used a TON of old Bioware content that I've noticed in NWN2 so far. Everything from sound, voice acting, background placeables, spell effects, misc. graphics, etc. Kind of sad.

cutterjohn

Sentinel