View Single Post

December 7th, 2006, 14:32
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
txa1265
"you drew a direct parallel between the US and NAZI Germany!"
No I didn't.
Maybe you mean by presenting 2 factual statments from two different officials from two different governments, I gave an example of a propaganda technique sucessfully?
OK, let me help you out:
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
How does the it go.
<snip quote> Hermann Goering, Nuremburg.

<snip quote> J Ashcroft, Attorney General

Notice any similarities?
Perhaps your intent was to compare propoganda techniques, but as abbaon notes bringing the Nazis in as a point of comparison naturally leads to a generally sense of comparison between the two subjects. So instead of making a point about how propoganda in some nations makes certain things taboo, you appeared to have taken the stance of many (mostly European, which was my original confusion) trolls in forums who say US = Nazis, Bush = Hitler, therefore Ashcroft = Goering.

My initial point was about how the threshold for getting a 'mature' status on a product (R for movie, M for game) in the US is lower for sex than for violence - but it is lower still for drugs. I would bet a quest like the blending swampweed and getting Den wasted like in G2 would have hit M status as quickly as seeing b00bs. But in a way that makes sense - these games have what at their core? Combat.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch