View Single Post

December 7th, 2006, 17:34
mike i agree with you, but i think everyone is being a little harsh on acleacius. he may have been comparing leaders of our country to nazis but not the us. germany is not equal to nazis any more than the all of us americans are responsible for war crimes commited by our leaders or leaders of any other country. but yes i would agree that it is far off topic. i skimmed the wikipedia since on goering since i didn't really no much about him. the extent to my knowledge on him was from empire earth. this quote sounds like a quote we could hear from ashcroft present day now that he is no longer a cabinent member and is possibly going to be tried for war crimes himself (in germany no less). quote is from goering—

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. …Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

that was a great quest in gothic 2. did you do the master shipbuilder quest in lago that was kind of 'r' rated and definately a 'funny' part in the game.

curious

liberty or license