View Single Post

October 18th, 2006, 22:54
OK. Do not put any learning points into training that stupid amulet that searches stuff for you . I know… it might sound strange but there is an amulet in the game that will produce a little firefly-like thingie that will point you towards treasure. It's a neat idea but a complete waste of learning points because you just need to keep your eyes open to find treasure. I trained that amulet to the max rather early in the game and it became pretty damned hard for a while.

Otherwise, there's nothing to worry about. You should try to focus on either 1-handed or 2-handed and either bow or x-bow or leave all of that alone for the most part and invest points in magic (playing a mage is not easy in the beginning) but that's about it.

The game is kinda tough overall with NotR installed. If you want to make it as easy as possible, then I'd recommend to focus on 1-handed (because of its superior speed) and strength. If you time the left/right swinging of the sword right, then you can kill high level mobs early on.
Also, go to Jharkendar (the add-on world) before you go to the Valley of Mines. You will get some nice stuff from playing through the add-on world (note that you can switch between the worlds rather freely so there is no way to miss out on the chance to go to Jharkendar, really).

Moriendor

Spielkind