View Single Post

December 12th, 2006, 06:38
For me, JE was one of the - if not THE - most entertaining game(s) of [insert year of publication here]. If you liked movies like 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon', 'Assassin', 'Hero' and 'House of Flying Daggers', you'll probably like JE.
As all more recent games (with the exception of the bugfests I put on hold until they go to the bargain bin) it's shortish and linear, but it's atmospheric, you can be of different alignment and have different endings. Character creation was not what they had promised it would be, but well, I'm not above picking a preset character out of a bunch… I've done it before. You could create your own, but you had to settle for the avatar of one of the prerolled chars.
The game had its cheesy moments, romantic moments, goofy moments, funny moments, sad moments… the whole palette. And as if I hadn't said it over and over again… I liked the romance options. A lot.
I'm not the 'ooh shiny' type, so I don't put my heart's blood into graphics, but if you can get a more polished edition, why not? I certainly would if I had the time to play.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.
Last edited by Jaz; December 12th, 2006 at 07:11. Reason: Myrthos liked it, too.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team