View Single Post

December 15th, 2006, 02:33
Alien a Sci Fi version of the B Movie classic The Thing with the amazing stylings of HC Gyger. I remember being 8 years old and fascinated by the movie poster. R rated films you just never saw back then but everyone around me talked about it. What a great tagline! In space, no one can hear you scream. Take that George Lucas!

It was ripped off a number of times both in style and in story so when they actually did a sequel everyone was shocked that they didn't go for the obvious Ripley giving birth to an Alien. Aliens was very well done. It had that guy from Terminator and you can just feel the oil on Paul Reiser.

I didn't watch all of Aliens 3 ( I still want to I think ) but I tried watching Aliens 4. There was a reason I kept falling asleep during 4. Sigourney Weaver was terrific in it but unfortunately, it seems like these were the same people who made City of the Lost Children and they just had trouble with an English film. Half the actors didn't even speak! Winona Ryder fell into that same cliche. No one was surprised at all by her. I didn't waste my time with the video game ripoff.

So, I'm curious. Do think the two companies will get HC Gyger involved in the art direction or License Sigourney Weaver's likeness?

I can't see much more than an action RPG though, with a number of now familiar Alien cliches.

Lucky Day

Daywatch