View Single Post

December 17th, 2006, 08:34
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
"He is also listed as a designer on System Shock 1."
I haven't been able to find this listing, as I posted in his bio up above he is list himself as co-producer, even Wikipedia seems to confirm it, i.e. "worked with" that is a sure sign of outside producer and not to mention KLevine said the same thing at Blue's.
Let me make it easier on you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock

Also, his bio says….

"Subsequently he worked with Origin Systems and Looking Glass Studios, on games including Ultima Underworld I and II, System Shock, and Thief."

He worked WITH those studios ON those games. Also, even if he was listed as a producer instead of a designer, that doesn't mean that he didn't have creative input on those games. It actually sounds to me like you might be missinterpreting what a producer is concerning computer games. Warren Spector definitely worked hands on with System Shock and the UU games. Most articles on the web simply refer to him as the 'creator' of those games.

As far as Deus Ex is concerned, he was the brain behind that game 100%. If you have any doubts still remaining just type "deus ex creator" into Yahoo and see what you come up with.

Concerning Bioshock, I don't want to see dialog choices at all. I'm hoping for an overwhelming sense of isolation similar to the atmosphere of System Shock 2.
Last edited by JDR13; December 17th, 2006 at 08:49.

JDR13

SasqWatch