View Single Post

December 17th, 2006, 21:25
[QUOTE=Acleacius;12814]"

"Just what do you think a project director is"
A leader and organizer, sort of like a producer but focused on one game.

Bingo! Now we're on the same page

"Do you have secret information that no one else has? Did Ken Levine tell you otherwise?"
Lol, look if you don't believe me or that KLevine doesn't post on Blue's that's fine, this information isn't pertinent to anyone’s well being and just like when I spoke of PatrickWeekes posting here at RPGWatch I used appropriate cavots, iir. *END QUOTE*

Do you even realize that Ken Levine had nothing whatsoever to do with Deus ex?
He was never a member of Ion Storm or any team that worked on either of the Deus Ex games. That's why I made that joke, I couldn't understand why you kept mentioning his name.

Are you suggestion Yahoo has secret knowledge Google can't get?

No, but Google and Yahoo don't pull up the exact same things.

Warren and Harvey.
My thoughts in hind site, about a year before release there seemed to be a deep division on Dues Ex with one team wanting to make really innovative dialogue choices and multiple paths, the other team was more limited choices.
About 8 months before release there was a mass exodus about 40 (iir) and I believe Warren had to choose, letting most of the really innovative team go to stop the division and get the game out.
Since Harvey did DX2 you can guess which team he was on, especially with his design strategy for DX2 taking many shortcuts turning it into a console game.
I am not attacking Harvey personally I am sure he is a good guy but I suspect he was raised on console game and probably shouldn't be developing PC games, well unless he comes to realize the differences.

Not sure if that paragraph is taken from an interview or an article but it pretty much sums up what I've been saying.

" Warren had to choose, letting most of the really innovative team go to stop the division and get the game out"

If that sentence doesn't reflect who the head guy was, than nothing will.

"Harvey" is Harvey Smith btw. He was one of the designers who worked on DX under Warren Spector. It's worth noting that he was actually the project leader on DX: Invisble War(as it mentions). Not sure if that game would have been better if Warren had been project leader, but many Deus Ex fans(myself included) were very disappointed with Invisible War. That's why the DX community was so divided on those 2 games.

I especially agree with the last part of that paragraph that talks about how Harvey basically made DX:IW a console game. It was very watered down compared to the first Deus Ex.

JDR13

SasqWatch