Top 10 CRPGs of all time
View Single Post
December 29th, 2006, 20:37
Here's a quick list, mostly off the top of my head. But I doubt much would change with further thought. Just based on my favorites…
1) Darklands - Depth, atmosphere and a real sense of freedom. The best of the best.
2) Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2 - Scared the crap out of me, I was picking up arrows when the spider sounds started getting really loud… Nothing in front of me… Nothing to the left or right… THAT MEANS ITS BEHIND ME!!!
3) Prince of Qin - Great story, only crafting system I ever cared about. Lots of fun, but not for everyone.
4) Gothic - For all the reasons mentioned by others.
5) Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 - For the first time I really felt I was actually in a dungeon.
6) Dark Sun 1 & 2 - Great fun.
7) The Summoning (SSI) - Again, lots of fun.
8) Jagged Alliance - Great combat system.
9) Spelljammer - Sorry, but I loved the combat in this game.
10) Nox - Not a true RPG, but tons of fun, great humor and beautiful graphics.
(Currently Drunk in Cognition, Stranglehold, Age of Wonders 2 and Blitzkrieg: Burning Horizon)
Last edited by Smorri; December 31st, 2006 at
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Smorri
Find More Posts by Smorri