View Single Post

December 31st, 2006, 18:23
Looking forward to this one, as I got TQ for Christmas and am really enjoying it for what it is—a true clone—not imitation-of Diablo2.

The setting,scripting and voice acting are really above average, and the graphics are the kind that make you drag your bored significant other in and force them to look, knowing they will have to at least say "Wow, how cool." before running from the pc.

AFA I can tell, Iron Lore has disected evrything about D2 that made it the addicting hack-n-slash masterpiece it was, and tried to improve on it, especially for single player—check this expansion feature:

"Traveling NPCs will meet you in major cites throughout the ancient world, storing your most precious goods, and allowing you to transfer them between your characters "

So you don't have to download a third party program to mule your loot. Very considerate.

The only thing that chaps my deriere is that no one seems to be able to do this with a crpg—why are there no successful modern interpretations of the great Old Ones(PS:T for example) ?

Til somebody figures it out, I guess I'll just have to settle for mindless slaughter!

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team