View Single Post

January 7th, 2007, 20:56
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
We lament the lack of innovation in games today, yet sadly when someone risked innovating, created a classic, and turned rpg's inside out, we get the result quoted by Dhruin!! It's a sad world in some ways, but at least we did get PS-T!!
Yes, that's indeed a problem I often see in discussions about gaming in German magazines and their forums.

It's strange how few of the really creative and innovative games might be bought by the masses (I've got no data, this is just a mere assumption), so this hints out to one point : Maybe they are too innovative ? Maybe the masses don't want too creative and innovative games ?

In a way, this could be kind of right : Some people rather stick to things they already know, instead of buying newer things. Hence the success of franchises.

Sacrifice by Shiny is one of the oddest games I've ever played. Unfortunately I never really understood how to play it effectively. Am I too dumb for it ? Is this a hint ? Towards innovation and people's reactions towards it ?

Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
If Drakensang makes it to the finishing line (by the end of this year hopefully) then it will have taken Realms of Arkania (DSA) 11 years to make a return to the PC. Let's give it some more time .
Yes, it's sad, isn't it ? At least from my point of view.

And by the way, TOEE isn't unplayable. I'm playing it right now with only the two official patches and an German translation package called GULP (it's kinmd of a mod, actually, because the German version of TOEE NEVER received ANY patches and so using the official patches everything becomes English within the game - well, at least to a part. So GULP is a re-translation, so to say).

By the way, has anyone an idea whether the DVD version of TOEE from the German gaming mag PC GAmes is better and newer (regarding patches) than the retail versions ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR