View Single Post

January 19th, 2007, 00:17
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I am always amazed when I see that … I have had some source of credit since college in the mid-80's … of course, keeping it under control is always the trick
Due to my husband's bad credit history we are simply not eligable, besides that, due to (mentioned) bad spending history I'm not sure I'd want one in the house

Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Love that game - I did do a review of Fate at GamerDad when it first came out.
One of the reasons I've been after it for ages, it keeps getting mentioned at Gamerdad It is not out over here on CD though, and we couldn't buy it online because of above reason Luckely an american friend of mine was willing to buy it for me once we'd sent him the money

Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
What about getting a Visa/Mastercard "debit" card — one that doesn't offer credit and otherwise acts like an EFTPOS card, apart from transacting through the Visa/MC system?
We have a pay-as-you-go credit card that you have to top up first and then you can spend until you've spent the amount on it. However, we can't find the top-up cards for it anywhere, making it a bit difficult. The bank keeps insisting they are at various newsagents throughout Ireland, but can not provide a list of them, and our local newsagent doesn't stock them.
We are going to chase after that a bit more though, it is just getting harder and harder to get things without some sort of credit card.

Sorcha Ravenlock

Sentinel