View Single Post

January 27th, 2007, 00:22
Originally Posted by Ionstormsucks View Post
Which is kinda misleading since we have absolute no indication of how long LOTRO will exist. As I said, I seriously doubt the game servers will be running the next 100 years…
So? What do you expect them to do? Rewrite the offer so it says: 'Turbine guarantees that you will still be able to play this game in March 2107'? Dude, honestly, and I hate to ask you this, but do you maybe share some of the umm… "issues" with the guy that you're using as your avatar?

I mean what is the problem, really? It would only be "misleading" or fraud or cheating if Turbine would already know right now (which they don't) that they are going to have to pull the plug before you would have paid the same amount of money via a regular sub. So at $14.99 or $12.99 or whatever the regular (non-preorder) sub is going to be, it would be kinda lame if they would shut down the game on or before ~13 or ~15 months. You do, however, start saving money the moment the game passes those marks. I'd say that this preorder is a pretty good deal for anyone who is really into this game and plans to stick with it.

Moriendor

Spielkind