View Single Post

January 31st, 2007, 15:52
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
So you knew the leveling was going to annoy and you went ahead and played it stock anyway right? I view this as a lost opportunity to educate peeps about a leveling mod in your review.
I obviously knew the global scaling from my initial review, but that is also how I had played the game back then. I really had no more than passing familiarity with the mod scene, and so I wasn't in a position to assess the impact of the mods on the game without significant playtime in-game. Instead I chose to evaluate the full add-on *as is*, for the following reasons:
- First and foremost I really wanted to see if Bethesda had taken the opportunity to do something about scaling within the context of these new areas - I wanted to give each a fair shake to perform on their own.
- I have done an overview of mods in general in the past, and doing something to make Oblivion a better experience would merit an independent article about modding that game - I didn't want to confound the experiences, and wasn't really interested in another 100+ hours to properly assess both.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch