View Single Post

February 1st, 2007, 03:43
I have to say the fanbase turns me off quite a bit. They are not happy unless they're destroying anything that isn't Fallout. And they use Fallout as a crutch. which to base everything else. They seem to be most fixated on the baser side of the game as well.

The devs noticed as well which is one of the reasons they stopped reading their own forums in many cases. Many of them have been turned off in that no matter what kind of game they make this fanbase will give them bad, bad press. I for one wasn't impressed by the screenshots on FO3 that surfaced from the BIS devs after they finally left. It looked like a lot of recycling and nothing innovative at all. Its no wonder why so many publishers haven't wanted to go near it.

And, for the record here, I'm harping on the noisy fanbase here. I love the game itself. I was really, really happy when I found the language and graphic filter. Steve Jackson was to Fallout what Nickelodeon was to Spummco when they did Ren and Stimpy. Without some control it just wouldn't doesn't worked. I hope BS can learn a lesson from that.

Lucky Day

Daywatch