View Single Post

February 1st, 2007, 13:35
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
I have to disagree with you RPer from what little of it I played (so perhaps I shouldn't be replying ). I think (the new) Bard's Tale was everything it advertised itself to be. And this was very unfortunate.
I wasn't expecting a high profile CRPG release that would turn the genre on its head, even when Fargo kept suggesting it would shake the genre's foundations.

If you look back at some of the interviews and advertisements, there were definitely some comments made about how the Bard wouldn't care about the any of the common setups and pitfalls of the genre. Check this early promotional advertisement - that's a pretty clear statement of where the game was meant to be going but never does. Hell, if you look at the back of the game's box there's a blurb about forgetting about saving the world and going for coin and cleavage, which only really happens in the first minutes of the game when the Bard may get his way with the tavern wench.

All this feedback leaves me wondering how people are going to react to my Fable: The Lost Chapters review.

Role-Player

Watchdog