View Single Post

February 2nd, 2007, 02:28
Originally Posted by aries100 View Post
Generally, to me ME is the big seller that hopefully will help to pay for the
development of more traditional RPGs like Dragon Age.
The better they sold ME the less they will care about different games (I mean game play wise).

I also feel compelled to say that just because something looks equal or similar doesn't mean that it (necessarily) works the same way in other games.
In Oblivion, there is sort of a mine-game, you need to play. In ME, it seems,
at least to me, that you will get to choose what you're going to say from a list of about 4-8 or even more options.
From what we had seen there will be about 3 options usually one of them to end conversation. I don't have impression that it will be mini game like Oblivion and I never heard that.

The only difference between this dialoque system and the written skill tree dialoque is that you use the headline of what you're going to say, and then
the game's character(s) acts your preferred choice out before your very eyes.
I want to know what my character is going to say/do when I choose option.

I sincerely hope that this will do away with the D&D dialoque system where you just had three basic options, 1)good, 2) bad and 3) evil. I hope that ME's dialoque system will provide gamers access to more complex choices than just the options, used in D&D.
Haw does it allow more complex choices then traditional dialog tree? Even in theory I don't see it.

I also think that the whole uproar boils down to the fact that we only have seen the 'gung ho' commander Shephard in action in the gameplay vids. This appeals to
a certain type of gamer; the kind of kids, i.e. young boys from 16-20, that I teach.
Actually there was some footage whit dialogs, looked shallow.

Kraszu

Traveler