View Single Post

February 2nd, 2007, 03:51
Originally Posted by aries100 View Post
Maybe they will agree to updated graphics, and the use of a PhysX engine in the game, but they still want their turnbased combat and the other things in FO1 and FO2. However, this isn't a realistic approach in today's competetive market.
Realise that doesn't really change much, though. Who says unrealistic goals are not worth fighting for.

And that's assuming you're right. And I agree with Arma there 100%. The problem is that if you produce YET ANOTHER game that does not offer anything that the competition does not offer, you are throwing yourself smack dab in the middle of that competition. Halo? Half-Life? Counterstrike? These are all not games any cRPG has to compete with. There isn't one big all-encompassing "gaming" market, each genre has its own market. Oblivion? Gothic 3? The many more action-RPGs being produced? Yes, Fallout 3 could be thrown into the same market as that, creating its own competition. Or it couldn't.

Try to cool it guys and argue the POINTS, not just the EMOTIONS!!
Exactly right. I haven't heard a single remark that actually has to do with the article in this thread. Hell, I'm unclear on why we're discussing Fallout fan egos in the first place. Grand that some people don't like it, but what the hell is there to discuss?

Brother None

SasqWatch