View Single Post

February 2nd, 2007, 21:59
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I think they've overstretched. Huge, continuous gameworld, mounts, mounted combat, multiplayer…now massively multiplayer.

I'm only interested in the SP game. It will be very interesting to see if "ahead of schedule" means that aspect will be highly polished or the resources were diverted into a MMO mode (with a fair chance that will be broken).
My guess would be that it is or was the multiplayer dev team only who were running ahead of schedule and ended up with some time left to buff up the multiplayer mode(s) some more.

I don't think and would not expect that any of this will have any effect on the single player aspect of the game which is most likely done by a different team that might just as well be lagging behind their own schedule.

And -no- before someone makes the suggestion that they should have just diverted resources from multiplayer to single player, I don't think you can do it just like that.
Integrating "new" people (which the MP folks -despite some familiarity with the engine- would effectively be in regards to the SP aspect of the game) into an existing rather massive project takes a lot of time and poses a significant risk to the entire project.
That's why it would seem to me that the decision to let them flesh out the MP aspect makes sense.

Moriendor

Spielkind