View Single Post

February 3rd, 2007, 20:56
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
I will be shocked if this is so, since you are a journalist.
But I am *not* a journalist … I am a scientist and statistician who is also a writer about video games.

As a scientist, my maxim goes like the old saying 'in god we trust, all others bring data' So when I say examples, I mean links to published reports.

As for the rest, I don't see the point in arguing - you appear (as does chamr) to believe that conservative = evil and liberal = good, and when liberals do bad things it is because they were trying too hard to be good and made misguided choices that led to unintended consequences, whereas since conservatives are just evil to the core any bad is just a failure to mask their evil.

I think that is a prima facia gross generalization, that there are plenty of liberals who exist just to exploit social injustice as a means of furthering their own causes and don't care about those who they are exploiting, just as I believe that many conservatives are truly concerned about the human condition and think that working hard for things benefits people more than a guaranteed paycheck from the government. In other words, I believe that good and evil are human traits, not political ones, that good people can believe very different things about the best course of action for a society.

Chamr, you seem to assume a political identity for me because I don't immediately label conservatives as evil. In fact you go further and link me to moralistic groups that try to force their ways of living on others. That whole train of thought was extremely narrow-minded, and I don't see what led you there. I am somewhat fiscally conservative, but very much socially liberal (pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, etc) … I am a Christian, but a more or less a libertarian - I don't like the government enforcing *any* private behaviour on adults. I can't *stand* the evangelical types going around judging everyone …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch