View Single Post

February 4th, 2007, 15:31
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I think LD is being a little paranoid but just because Bethsoft says "no topic off limits" doesn't mean they'll follow through with that. The proof is in the pudding — let's see if the final article honestly contains any difficult / critical questions and whether they give those questions decent answers, shall we?
Yes, of course, we'll have to wait and see which 25 questions they will pick but the invitation to ask anything you want must be recognized as an attempt at generosity at least . Though it doesn't really matter which ones they will pick anyway because I think we all know that they will put a heavy PR spin on any given answers (like any and every publisher would… let's not pretend like not accepting or answering honestly to critical questions is exclusive to Bethsoft - 99.7% of publishers are like that).

BTW, I don't think that they trashed your interview because it was too critical. The question you quoted is worded well and actually not critical at all IMHO. Pete Hines would probably answer along the lines of "Oblivion's core gameplay has been a huge success so we won't change the formula or the basic ingredients in future expansions. However, as the term 'expansion' implies, we will most definitely expand upon the proven concept and continue to provide gamers with exciting new quality content. Blah blah blah…".
Nah, I don't think that they are afraid of rather harmless questions like that. Seems a lot more likely that it is indeed either a case of lost in transmission or that they put it on low priority because they want to serve the 1st tier sites/mags first and foremost.

Moriendor

Spielkind