View Single Post

February 6th, 2007, 13:32
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Weird, huh? So bad, evil Bethesda refuse to associate with a community that has repeatedly (or one might as well say "constantly") threatened to physically harm Bethesda employees or their relatives (like the "offer" to anally ummm… examine Pete Hines' wife),
You are aware that the Codex has a pretty free-speech attitude? Are you also aware that there are several thousand members, and that a few posters do not represent the whole? I wonder if you're also aware that the inappropriateness was pointed out by some? Lastly, threats are 'constantly' posted, really? I visit the forums most days and I must be missing that.

a community that has started assaults on the ES forums to see who can get banned faster than another person,
This is mostly ex-Beth fanboys from the ESF who have registered with the Codex (ESF refugees as we call 'em) who are pissed off after the disappointment of Oblivion. It's stupid and immature, but it's not like there's anything we can do to stop them except comment as such from time to time - which does happen. Again, this does not constitute the 'community' of the Codex.

a community that is generally sporting a "Bethesda suxx" state of mind, a community that has suggested that dropping bombs on Bethsoft HQ would be a good thing etc etc etc
Honestly, you don't need to spend very long reading the Codex forums to realise that the community is not a 'hive-mind' and doesn't agree on very much. The numbers of Bethesda supporters can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand, but that was not the case before Oblivion was released.

Yup. Definitely strange, secretive folks those Bethesda fellas. I mean how could you possibly NOT want to associate with such super-friendly and likeable people as the Fallout community. Inexplicable. Mind-boggling. It really is…
RPG Codex =/= Fallout community (although there is some overlap)

Basically, stop trying to over-simplify everything.

Hazelnut