View Single Post

February 7th, 2007, 00:48
Originally Posted by Lethal Weapon View Post
Why is Oblivion not flat? Did I miss any mountains?
Yes, you did. Like the entire Northern part of Cyrodiil which only makes up about 25% of the game world at least.

Or any unique landscape? With its own unique vegetation and the like?
Yup. Obviously not played any of the quests that "teleported" you to the unique worlds. And not gotten very far in the main plot, huh? Because then you'd have been to an island that was very different from the rest of Cyrodiil.

And when was the last time you saw someone cooking in Oblivion?
That one is true. The NPC schedules and activities are much better fleshed out in Gothic III.

Last time I checked the guild members were standing motionless staring the walls.
Then you didn't check very thoroughly because they do have schedules as well and will occasionally go to the library of the guild hall to study books or practice casting spells (or fighting with dummies or dueling each other) or go to eat dinner/breakfast etc.

You're right about one thing though. I couldn't stand playing this game more than a few hours.
One can tell. Though it sounds like you should've said "minutes", not "hours" because to not even notice the mountains takes a lot of ignorance .

Pretty sad since I fell for the hype and bought it the day it came out.
Aawww… crap .

Don't get me wrong. I like the Gothic series better than the TES series including Oblivion but the mindless bashing of Oblivion is really stupid. Especially from people like you who very obviously don't even have a clue what they are talking about due to lack of any first hand experience with Oblivion. Tune out from the Codex for a few days to get rid of at least some of your bias and then educate yourself about Oblivion by actually playing the game. Then talk. It will make you look less stupid if you bash the game for things it does actually deserve to be bashed for .

Moriendor

Spielkind