View Single Post

February 7th, 2007, 00:49
@Jaz- Since my music is generally over-produced, live tracks often give me a misleading picture. Musically, very nice, but the vocals are just a little too overwrought for me. Very possible that's a result of the live mixing and instrumentation.

@Sammy- I think I've still got my copy of "Antichrist Superstar" somewhere (it's true ). Bought it on the strength of Beautiful People and a little curiousity. I think I bought a copy of the single at some point so that I could ditch the cd when the opportunity presented itself. That song is ridiculously simple, but I love it. Definitely a one trick pony, though.

@Mike- while I have an appreciation for technical competence, I generally scoff at the pretension of the artsy-fartsy types. Did Melville really sit down and say, I'm going to write a book that's actually 7 different symbols at once? Bull, I say. These self-pronounced literary experts are making stuff up to justify their existence as well as justify their lofty egos. You can take any piece of work and interpret it 20 ways if you choose the bits and parts you care to focus on. These self-important puffers have somehow got people to support and endorse their pronouncements as fact, which is then passed on as such to helpless students everywhere. To borrow a phrase, it's "the scene that creates itself." It's not as bad in music, but the principle still stands. I did warn you about a soapbox…

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!
Last edited by dteowner; February 7th, 2007 at 00:58. Reason: added more rambling

dteowner

Shoegazer