View Single Post

February 16th, 2007, 18:49
Leaving aside marketingspeak, which I love with all my heart, because it does help sell the game to people who do in fact believe that we've reinvented the entire concept of gaming every time we ship a product… I'm really looking forward to playing Dragon Age. It's been long enough since I've been on the project that almost everything storywise has changed (and for me, that's good, because knowing the story inside and out tends to rob it of its drama a bit).

I really like how the combat already looks, and the story they're writing is one gigantic love letter to people who want stuff dark, grim, and choice-based. Heaven only knows if that's the way it'll ship — stuff gets cut and changed for reasons that the designers don't always, or even often, get a say in — but if it ships as it's being written right now, I think that anyone who liked the breadth and depth of BG2 is gonna like it. I think that good trumps innovative, despite the fact that a lot of people use "innovative" to mean "good"… and I think that Dragon Age is gonna be very, very good.

PatrickWeekes

Sentinel