View Single Post

Default Future Quotes about Fallout 3…

February 21st, 2007, 23:44
Here are some future quotes from Bethesda about Fallout 3…

"We've always envisioned Fallout 3 as a next-step above the first two [installments], so I really think that their dedicated fanbase will embrace the real-time combat once they see it."

"To us, the first-person perspective really creates an accessible atmosphere that allows the casual gamer to fully enjoy the Fallout universe."

"I think that less text is actually more; If you can convey the same conversation in three lines as opposed to five, then why not? If you can convey the story arc in three quests, instead of five, then why not? It doesn't make sense to add more when you don't need to."

"At Bethesda, we always encourage divergent thinking. I don't think that revisionism is necessarily a bad thing; Just look at what Lucas did with his original trilogy. You always want to respect prior timelines but, at the same time, you don't want new or casual gamers to be daunted by Fallout's otherwise rich history. By altering the history & streamlining it, I think we've struck a very good balance of our creativity & [Black Isle's] creativity in creating a compelling plot that is accessible to all of our potential fanbase."

"Above all, story is very important. I think I speak for us all when I say that the story only works when you have very compelling gameplay to back that up with. Most people just want good game mechanics; I think that the game mechanics for Fallout 1 & 2 were wonderful. I think that what people will see in the game mechanics for Fallout 3 will both pay homage to & expand upon the SPECIAL system in ways they could never imagine."

Let the spin begin…

Nonymous