View Single Post

March 12th, 2007, 12:50
I am extremely anti-piracy in all areas, but that doesn't mean I support the companies either! I think that in all of the industries (game, music, software) they inflate these huge numbers to make it scary, then go after a few little guys to make it seem that no one is safe.

In terms of support for Dhruin's 'because they can', here is a great example: for my older son's 6th birthday (4 years ago now), he got a CD-R with the PC game "Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone". I really didn't appreciate that to begin with, and spoke to my son and the father of the boy who gave it. He pretty much said "I don't buy any games for the kids, just download them" … and apparently spread the joy. Here is a guy making a very solid living with money to spend on what he wants, pirating all of this stuff - and he taught his son well, as that same year the son crashed the family computer with viruses, etc from all the stuff that *he* was downloading (their kids have almost no limits, that is a tale for a different thread).

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch