View Single Post

March 22nd, 2007, 17:12
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I loved Thief Deadly Shadows (aside from the dumb guards captured perfectly by CAD), but Infinite War … I feel this is one of those stories I retell again and again … so I'll quote from my old blog entry
Admittedly Thief 3, wasn't as bad as I feared. But let's face it: For everyone who had played the first two parts it had to be very disappointing from an objective point of view. You know, somehow I expect that the enemies in the third part of a game have a better AI than those in the previous two parts, especially in a game in which AI is pretty much the core of the game.
There were also some very dubious other decissions, like the removel of the rope arrow. Why do you remove one of the most innovative features that gaming had ever seen. I made soooooo damn much with these arrows in the first two parts.

The overall result was games that I'm still proud of, and games that I still enjoy playing and I'm proud to have been involved in the development of, but I don't think they lived up to expectations.
Right. It's probably one of the things that I'll never forgive him, but nice that he realized it himself. It's what happens if you do not listen to the fans… Message boards were crawling of things that Ionstorm should not do or change - they did it anyway. I just hope he learned his lesson.

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain