View Single Post

April 1st, 2007, 07:12
Publishers are interested in games that are long sellers like Fallout, it's just they have no way of knowing what is going to be a long seller and it is far easier for them and safer to publish a game with the latest and greatest graphics that is going to sell 300,000 in the first 3 months and give them a quick profit even though it may slide into obscurity once reviews start becoming widely available and games with even better graphics are available.

I would say the Godfather DVD is a good example to compare with fallout, however I think a better example would be the Godfather VHS tape, maybe if fallout got a small overhaul like support for higher resolutions (I dunno this may be already possible) and a re-release then you could say it is comparable to the Godfather DVD. As it is, the Godfather VHS still sells copies.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch