View Single Post

Default CVG - PC Gamer Predictions

April 5th, 2007, 03:07
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Did anyone consider that the rights could have been bought to prevent someone else making FO3, if Beth had plans to make their own post appoc game!!
I seriously doubt that.

Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Discussing the strategy behind purchasing the rights is a different discussion to whether TB or RT is required, in my opinion.

Automatic hit? Obviously that depends on the exact definition of "hit"…I really can't see this failing based on Bethsoft's name and likely use of technology…but I also can't see it being bigger than Oblivion. At the end of the day, high fantasy will trump post-apoc regardless of the other parameters.
Call of Cthulhu I'm pretty sure was a failure. It had Beth's name all over it and that couldn't save it.

I think people should realize many games have a "collective unconscious" about them. There are many names in the industry that are surprisingly resilient. Bard's Tale, System Shock, Wasteland, Ultima, Wizardry, Wolfenstein, Star Wars, Alien, Pool of Radiance…all names that seem to stick around and find new fans. I was shocked to discover "new" ultima fans that didn't like Ultima 3 after they investigated having only played 7. etc…

Lucky Day

Daywatch