View Single Post

April 14th, 2007, 03:57
I'm obviously ignoring the fact that Feargus said what Dowon quoted above, i.e. "Two of the products that we are making right now use licenses and one is an original IP that we are creating."… but here it goes… possibly the craziest conspiracy theory in a while…

/batshitcrazyconspiracytheory

Reading that Feargus thread, I noticed two possibly noteworthy oddities.

Firstly, Feargus made this one post where he was talking about the Fallout franchise on April 4, 2007. This happens to be the exact day and date when Bethesda struck that deal with Interplay about the Fallout IP.

Secondly, at the end of that post he said… "As for Fallout, like I said, I'm not sure if we'll ever get the chance, but I know that I'd love to make another Fallout - plus, I think Avellone's already designed the next 12 of them".
Sooo… why did Feargus write "12"? Is it a coincidence that Interplay issued the SEC filings for the Fallout IP on April 12? Why didn't Feargus say 3, 5, 7, … any other number. Why 12? A hidden hint to keep those eyes open for announcements made on the 12th of the same month in which the post was made? And why didn't he say "but as you all know the rights are with Bethesda right now so the chances of us ever getting the chance are slim" or something like that?

Well, who knows… maybe what the deal between Bethesda and Interplay means is that Bethesda, Obsidian and Interplay got together and that Bethesda has handed FO3 over to Obsidian and Bethesda will be splitting teams, doing Fallout Online instead (yes, this would be possible according to the agreement) and ES V.

\batshitcrazyconspiracytheory

Moriendor

Spielkind