View Single Post

Default Nappy headed hoes

April 17th, 2007, 04:02
Originally Posted by elkston View Post
You are truly deslusional if you feel that the wealth of this nation owes nothing to the work of slaves. Some whites got wealthy off of slave labor and ripples of that wealth are still passed down through their families to this day.

How incredibly callous of you to reduce slavery down to a "mistake" - a fleeting moment of bad decision making that we should just forgive and forget about it.

Look, I agree that it is not productive for us (blacks) to dwell on this or expect anything from it. Its just not going to happen so we should move on. But it totally burns me up when I see statements like your that trivialize the shameful institution that was slavery in the United States.
Do me a favor bro and keep the 'holier than thou' attitude to yourself. I wasn't trying to sound like I think the memory of slavery should just be swept under the rug and forgotten about. Quite the contrary, I think crimes of the past should always be remembered so they won't be repeated. I was only referring to those people(and I know that it's a small minority) who constantly bring it up and try to throw it in peoples faces for personal gain.

JDR13

SasqWatch