View Single Post

April 17th, 2007, 13:57
I'm sorry - but I don't get why all games that is good (or even great) games need to get a rating over 90/100. Im my honest (and other ) opinion(s), a 96% percent should be reserved for the perfect game(s) that also is remarkable, and tries to do new stuff and such with the genre. A game such as Syberia 1 should imo get a 95% rating, and the same should a game like Planescape: Torment.

And while we're on the subject of ratings.

Here's an interesting view I found over at NoMutantsAllowed(NMA) earlier today:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/28

This TED guy says what I have been thinking for a long time. That in today' market, you need to get the hardcore fans exited about the game. He calls them 'the fringe market'. In the old days it was necessary to get the mainstream market (the guys in the middle) while today it is necessary to get guys around the edges - simply because they tend to spread 'the good word' about the products, or the book, the movie or the radioshow etc.

In Danish we have sort of proverb (or saying) that goes like this: 'you can't be friends with all' meaning that you need to get your values straight, both as a person and a company. If you don't do this, you will end up trying to please everyone, while you please no-one.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor