View Single Post

April 18th, 2007, 14:28
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
It's still possible to play NWN2 as 'turnbased' - you just have to press the space bar to both pause and continue, rather than just continue.

Sometimes I'd use that for spell casters - if I entered a fight I'd hit pause, queue up all my spell casters commands, then unpause and concentrate on the non-spell casters. Anytime I needed to change orders I could just pause again.
Let's say you had it set to pause everytime combat started, and all characters were on full puppet mode and would not act with out your input, so it paused when the character had nothing queued. At the most this would be phase, or round based, since every character does not complete an idividual turn.

But, since all actions are always performed at the same time, that is why it is ccompletetly RT combat, since combat, when not paused happenes in RT. Whereas in a phase system (like wiz 8, you queue your commands, and every character and enemy performs the commands individually). In order not to be RT, characters would not attack in RT (meaning, the same time).

roqua

Sentinel