View Single Post

April 28th, 2007, 10:25
[QUOTE=chamr;27008]

Now, on to JDR13…

Here we go again… Hmmmm, last I checked, Imus didn't work for Jesse and Al. He worked for MSNBC and CBS. They fired him. And from all reports I read, it wasn't because the boards got together and said, "hey, ya know what? that Jesse and that Al guy are right. Let's fire him!". It was because they were receiving pressure from advertisers, their own staff, and other figures with power. If you're claiming that all these people didn't know what to think about the subject until Al and Jesse told them, you're operating in a different reality than me.

I guess we are in different realities then, because Imus wasn't fired until CBS President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves met with Sharpton and Jackson shortly before the announcement was made, not to mention the fact that they were the most prominent people who openly campaigned for his firing.

Do you have proof that Al and Jesse approve of these terms when used by
rappers? Hmmm? Didn't think so. In fact, I do believe (not 100% sure) they've made several speeches asking black performers to clean up their act and avoid being so derogatory to women and blacks.[/
QUOTE]

That's nice, but did they go so far as to say they would picket the studios where those people worked, like they did to Imus? Hmmm? Didn't think so.

In fact, they never said anything about rappers until after they were widely criticized for not having done so after making such a big deal about Imus's remarks.
Last edited by JDR13; April 28th, 2007 at 10:38.

JDR13

SasqWatch