View Single Post

May 6th, 2007, 01:11
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
If I am remembering his words correctly, he said that when he was first called to the White House after 9-11, in the aftermath of the attack, there was already an assumption that the war would be taken into Iraq. That no one ever asked the CIA or intelligence community whether there was any reason to do so…other than the likelihood that Saddam was funding of Al-Quaida.
Do you honestly think it would have made a difference? The government knew that Saddam had nothing to do with Al-Quaida… and they knew there were no weapons of mass destruction. I mean, all this wasn't a big secret… The UN always said there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and every expert on the middle east said that it is very unlikely that Saddam had anything to do with Al-Quaida.
The US government wanted this war - reasons are pretty obvious. It's what all governments do - they manipulate people. And they'll get away with it… that's really the sad part. I mean Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Price - if that isn't ironic I don't know what is.

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain